Sep 22 2019
Pepper Potato Soup
- 2 cans (14 oz ea) chicken broth (or three broth cubes + 3.5 cups of water)
- 4 small baking potatoes, halved and sliced crosswise
- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 stalk of celery, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup of half-and-half
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh parsley as topping
- Combine broth, potatoes, onion, celery, salt, and pepper in slow cooker; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Stir half-and-half into flour; stir mixture into slow cooker; Cover; cook 1 more hour.
- Slightly mash potato mixture with potato masher. Cook, uncovered, 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Just before serving, stir in butter. Garnish with celery leaves and parsley.