Jan 06 2019
Country Sausage and Bean Soup
- 2 cans: chicken broth
- 1.5 cups: hot water
- 1 cup: dried black beans
- 1 cup: chopped yellow onion
- 2: bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon: ground red pepper
- 6 ounces: pork sausage
- 2: roma tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon: chili powder
- 1 tablespoon: Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons: extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons: ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon: salt
- 1/4 cup: chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine broth, water, beans, onion, bay leaves, and ground red pepper. Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours (or high for 4)
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add sausage
- cook until beginning to brown. Stirring to break up large pieces.
- Drain fat of sausage
- Add sausage and remaining ingredients except cilantro to crockpot. cover. cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Remove liquid and added flour to thicken
- Top with cilantro before serving