Enchilada Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
This is a description.
- 5: medium sweet potatoes
- 1.25 cup: enchilada sauce
- 0.63 teaspoons: salt
- 0.63 teaspoons: chili powder
- 0.31 teaspoons: ground cumin
- 1 16oz can: black beans
- 1 16oz can: corn
- 3.75 cups: shredded cheese
- to taste: avocado
- to taste: salsa
- to taste: sour cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and pat to dry. Using a fork, poke holes in the sweet potato and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 45-90 minutes.
- Sweet potatoes are done when a knife inserted into the center goes in with no resistance. You can also use a oven gloved hand to gently squeeze the sweet potato all the way along.
- Allow sweet potatoes to cool slightly (10 or so minutes) before slicing them in half lengthwise.
- Gently scoop out filling, leaving a small border along the inside of the sweet potato skins.
- Mash together the sweet potato filling with enchilada sauce, salt, chili powder and cumin. Stir in the beans, corn and ¾ cup cheese, and spoon gently back into the skins.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ¾ cup cheese.
- To bake immediatelyBake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- To freeze:Cool completely, then wrap in plastic cling wrap. Store in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
- To re-heat:Thawed: Unwrap, and place in a baking dish. Bake uncovered at 425°F for 15-20 minutes until cheese bubbles and potatoes are heated through.
- To bake from frozen: Unwrap, and place in a baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 425°F for 40 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes until cheese bubbles and potatoes are heated through.