One Pan Mexican Quinoa
This is a description.
- 1 tablespoon: olive oil
- 2 cloves (minced): garlic
- 1 (minced): jalapeno
- 1 cup: quinoa
- 1 cup: vegetable broth
- 1 (15oz) can (drained and rinsed): black beans
- 1 (14.5oz) can: fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup: corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon: chili powder
- 0.5 teaspoon: cumin
- to taste: salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (diced): avocado
- 1 (juiced): lime
- 2 tablespoons (chopped): fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro.